Assisted Living in Marshalltown, Iowa
Everything You Need: Lots of Space. Lots of Fun. No Worries.
What Is Assisted Living?
Assisted Living provides support in daily life for our cherished seniors.
It is for seniors who are beginning to find that some of the normal tasks of daily living are difficult. It is also for seniors who have tired of the daily grind of housekeeping, meal preparation and bill paying.
Often most appealing is that Assisted Living is community living which means an end to the loneliness that besets even healthy and active seniors.
At The Willows we provide personal care to individuals who need help with the activities of daily living (ADLs). These are self-care activities we all need to do – and often take for granted – like bathing, getting dressed, and using the bathroom. We also provide medication assistance and discreet incontinence management. Our goal is to allow residents to continue living engaging, active, and dignified lives.
We provide several types of assistance, including:
- Personal assistance – help with ADLs such as bathing and showering, grooming and personal hygiene, getting dressed, using the bathroom, getting in and out of bed, moving around
- Medication assistance – help communicating with doctors and pharmacists, assistance when ordering refills, and medication reminders
- Incontinence management – discreet assistance in the privacy of your own apartment
With The Willows doing the work, you’ll have more time to enjoy
It doesn’t have to be a struggle
When to Start Thinking About Assisted Living
It’s time to consider Assisted Living when Mom or Dad have become even slightly burdened with daily activities like dressing, medication management, food preparation, home maintenance, bathing, bill paying, or anything similar.
Ageing is normal and natural. But once slippage is noticed it does not get better on its own. Yet Assisted Living is just that – “an assist.” It is a life of activity and great food and new friends.
For most seniors Assisted Living brings a rebirth of social life, improved diet, exercise and hobbies.
And adult children and family members can breathe a sigh of relief.
How to Choose the Best Assisted Living Community
First, make some calls. Find out if an Assisted Living community sounds like a good fit. Next, go and visit. Take a tour, talk to the staff, and spend some time getting a feel for the community.
Does the community feel like a home? Do you see artwork or other ‘landmarks’ that make it easy to navigate? Do you feel good when you first walk in?
Look at the activities calendar. Is it uninspiring and repetitive (bingo seven days a week)? Or innovative and creative (games, exercise classes, music, and learning opportunities)? Do you see things you would enjoy? Meet the staff. Are they friendly and well trained? Do they know the residents’ names, preferences, and life stories?
It’s especially wonderful to visit at mealtimes and view the interaction among community members? Do you see new life and happiness on their faces. And how about the property itself? Is it spacious, clean, and inviting?
What Makes The Willows Different?
At The Willows, we believe Assisted Living is about more than just helping you with the activities of daily living. It’s also about helping you live a fulfilling, healthy, and meaningful life.
Exercise, nutrition, and a vibrant community are all important aspects of overall wellness. Healthy food, exercise classes, engaging activities, great amenities, and a dynamic social community are all right outside your door.
In addition to our professional staff – available to provide assistance 24 hours per day in your private apartment – Assisted Living at The Willows includes:
- Healthy and delicious cuisine prepared by our chef and served to your table
- Regularly scheduled transportation to events, errands, and appointments
- Many options every day for learning, creativity, fitness, and entertainment
- Coordination with your physicians, pharmacists, and other healthcare providers
- Housekeeping and laundry service
- Excellent site security as well as personal alert systems for emergencies
- Landline phone
- Satellite TV
Reach out! We’d Love to Hear From You!
Our On-Site Amenities and Building Features are Second to None
Our building is located on a sprawling 12 acre site that has the best of both worlds: It’s close to town, yet it has the rural Iowa feeling. Close to half of our land is untouched, inviting our wildlife neighbors to cut across our backyard.
Once inside, our stunning architecture is the first clue that The Willows is not your ordinary Assisted Living. Every turn unveils a new treasure – be it artwork, custom furniture, or a beautiful view.
Thoughtful Features and Amenities
- On-site salon/barber shop – Get a hair cut or styling on your schedule, right down the hall
- Spa room with walk-in whirlpool and massage table
- Exercise room – Equipped for your own use, or join us for one of our regular classes
- Private Dining – Want to have a private party? Let us cater it for you in our private Dining room with a 10 seat farmhouse table
- Movie Theater – Our state of the art 16 seat theater is the perfect place to enjoy a matinee. And our residents will be able to reserve it for their own special occasions.
- Library – Our North wing features a large, plush library with books, a computer for residents to use, ultra-comfy seating and state-of-the-art lighting (learn more)
- Bar/Gameroom – Enjoy a drink and a game of pool, or watch the game and play some cards. This room is made for fun!
- Courtyard – Just outside our main lounge is a 7,000 sq. ft. garden courtyard. Walking paths, resting benches, shade and sunlight. Even a large raised planter bed for our green-thumb residents to enjoy.
See Our Interactive Floorplan
Explore the building in detail, and see what apartments are available
Which Floor Plan Works Best for You?
One Bedroom Suite
445 sq. ft.
We have 24 of these large one bedroom apartments in Assisted Living.
340 sq. ft.
We have 12 Studio apartments in Assisted Living.
Two Bedroom Suite
720 sq. ft.
We have 4 two bedroom apartments in Assisted Living. 2 in the North wing near the library, and 2 in the south wing near the bar/gameroom.