Dear Residents and Families,
This letter provides important information on visitation in our community.
For almost a year many families have had limited in-person visits with their loved ones who live at The Willows of Marshalltown. With the recent development of vaccines and the high rates of vaccine distribution among nursing facility and assisted living residents, many family members expected that visitation restrictions would be completely lifted. However, you should know that CMS has not yet lifted or revised the nursing facility guidance that was issued on Sept. 17, 2020. These guidelines are tied directly to county positivity rates and unfortunately still prohibit some in-person visitation options.
Assisted living programs have been advised to follow this same guidance as a basis for visitation. The fact that CMS has not issued new guidance after recent long term care vaccination clinics has led to a great deal of frustration for our staff, residents, and families alike.
The purpose of this letter is to provide you with the most current visitation options available to you and your loved ones in our community, based on current guidance.
Resident Outing Guidelines:
Fully vaccinated residents do not have to quarantine following an outing if:
- They have completed final vaccine dose two weeks prior and no more than three months prior.
- They are asymptomatic.
- They were not exposed.
Unvaccinated residents must quarantine based on county positivity rates:
- <10% – Quarantine for 7 days
- >10% – Quarantine for 10 days
- Followed by negative COVID-19 test
Visitors can be accepted if the following guidelines are met:
- The visit has been scheduled in advance.
- The visitor (s) have passed the mandatory screening questionnaire.
- The visitor (s) have passed the mandatory rapid Covid test
- Scheduled visits will occur inside the resident’s apartment OR
- Outside in the Willows Gazebo- weather permitting
- Visitor (s) must wear masks at all times during visit.
- Compassion Care Visits that have been scheduled in advance
- Face time, and zoom calls are still available to schedule anytime
We know that this past year has been an extremely challenging time for your family. Please know that we actively support all efforts to safely reunite you with your loved one and will provide you with the most current information as federal authorities revise visitation restrictions or we have other guidance that impacts these restrictions.
Please contact me, Jennifer Stanley if you have any questions about visitation at The Willows of Marshalltown.